Monday, March 28, 2016

Brushless motor test update and rambling

I finally updated my brushless motor test results with everything I have.  The main goals of this exercise were to have fun, see if there was a significant difference between motors, and see if there was somewhat of a trend between different props on the same motor.  I wanted to be able to test one basic propeller and be able to estimate how much thrust other propellers would generate without testing them.  My tests aren't nearly as thorough or precise as http://www.miniquadtestbench.com/ but for what I want to know I think they will suffice.


Taking a quick peak at a very basic graph shows that this might be possible.  Generally speaking, all the motors (besides YKS) followed the same general trend.  What really surprised me was the difference in thrust provided by the 2206 2100 motor vs all the 2204 2300 motors.  I thought that the same prop, given a higher kv, would produce more thrust on the higher kv motor.  In my results I saw that a Cobra 2206 2100kv produced more thrust than any of the 2204 2300kv motors with the same prop but pulled a little more amps.  Who can explain that one to me?  Maybe it was a fluke?  The Tmotor 2206 2000kv motor produced results that were slightly less than the 2204 2300kv motors but also pulled fewer amps.

No comments:

Post a Comment